Mission: Providing free, anonymous access to mental health services for Service members, Veterans, and intelligence officers.
Role Overview: Sound Off is dedicated to leveraging technology to decrease death by suicide for Service Members, Veterans, and intelligence officers. Sound Off is seeking a paid intern to assist in its operational needs. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this role will directly support the Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff in administrative tasks, event planning details, partner and stakeholder communication, as well as general assistance with operational processes. Working in a small start-up allows this position to grow a diverse skill set and be exposed to an entrepreneurial culture, non profit organization, and engineering/tech productions. As an administrative intern, you will play a crucial role in supporting our day-to-day operations and ensuring the smooth functioning of our programs and initiatives.
- Administrative Support: Assist in managing general administrative tasks such as responding to emails, scheduling meetings, and serving as a project manager to ensure team members are working collaboratively to complete tasks.
- Data Entry and Reporting: Input data into our systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Communication and Correspondence: Draft and proofread correspondence, including letters, emails, and other forms of communication. Ensure timely and professional responses to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Event and Fundraising Assistance: Assist in confirming logistical details for upcoming fundraising events to include procuring donations, writing copy for marketing these events, work with vendors to solidify details, and others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various teams and departments within the organization to support their administrative needs to include the digital media efforts and engineering efforts of the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to learn and take initiative with problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Interest in technology, non-profit organizations, and veteran organizations is a plus
Duration and Compensation: This is a paid internship position with a duration of 6 months. While Sound Off will always remain a lean organization, we are growing and hope to hire an administrative position at the end of this internship. The internship will require 40 hours per week with a stipend of $2000 per month. Work will be mostly remote with occasional in person meetings and tasks taking place in D.C.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in the combination of technology and social impact. While job duties won’t be directly related to engineering in application work, this intern will be regularly exposed to and involved in strategic decisions leveraging technology.
Application Process: To apply for this internship, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sound Off, Inc. promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Sound Off does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.